26th Annual Lighted Christmas Parade
"Lights, Camera, Christmas!"
The 26th Annual Lighted Christmas Parade will be on Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 7:00pm. This year’s theme is “Lights, Camera, Christmas!”.
If you (or your company/business) is interested in entering a float, or taking part in the parade this year:
The deadline for entry applications is November 10th. Floats as well as walking, dancing, or biking entries, as well as classic cars, fire trucks, or other utility vehicles are encouraged to enter, as long as they are well lit. Be creative; remember that lighting is crucial and decorations should focus on the holiday season.
Parade entries will be assigned a place to line-up before the parade. You will need to bring your parade entry to your assigned space between 5:30 and 6:00 pm and have all your participants ready to go by 6:30pm.
Rules for Parade entries:
· Candy and other items may not be thrown from floats or handed out during the parade.
· MainStreet has invited Santa to be in the parade and he has accepted; please do not have live Santas on your float.
· The height limit for floats is 15 feet due to overhead wires on Bullard.
· All headlights on towing vehicles should be partially covered or dimmed. (Construction paper with slits or colored cellophane paper works well)
· Only holiday music may be broadcast.
· All children on floats must be seated.
· All entries must be well lit.
The Lighted Christmas parade is sponsored by the Silver MainStreet Project.